Industries Answer Call-to-Action with Expertise and Resources to Mitigate Global Pandemic
The EndPandemic National Data Consortium announced today that it has received commitments from six leading life sciences and information technology companies to join the Consortium, the formation of which was announced on March 30, 2020. The companies will work together to achieve the singular goal of integrating data from all ongoing and future clinical studies to dramatically accelerate analysis on COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 research in order to reduce the time to find a cure by up to 50 percent.
“The new EndPandemic National Data Consortium partners are to be applauded for the speed with which they answered the call to protect and ensure public health,” said Kenneth Massey, Pharm.D., Chief Life Sciences Officer of Saama Technologies. “The integrated database developed by the Consortium will be a comprehensive, collective platform that will inform and accelerate medical experts’ abilities to arrive at actionable decisions in relation to COVID-19 clinical research.”
The EndPandemic National Data Consortium’s value proposition, strategic direction, charter and business plan are being developed by Zaylan Associates and its partner Chrysalis Biomedical Advisors. The following organizations have pledged to bring their unique capabilities and global expertise to the EndPandemic National Data Consortium to facilitate clinical trial data sharing among and across biopharmaceutical, research, healthcare and government sectors, and create a continuously-updated data repository that will generate insights for researchers worldwide:
- Andaman7 has built a COVID-19 patient symptom survey with electronic health record (EHR) and device integration. Andaman7 is helping patients understand their COVID-19 risk through easy symptom tracking and information. The platform is HIPAA, GDPR, and 21CFRPart11 compliant, and is and available in 22 languages. Andaman7 enables proper privacy controls by patient via recurring consent, and offers the ability to collect patient reported, device and electronic medical record (EMR) data. Their advanced technology delivers information and guidance to patients, and provides access to over 10,000 clinics and hospital EMRs in the U.S.
- Caprion Biosciences Inc. is a leading provider of specialized immunology, genomics and proteomics laboratory services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Caprion’s advanced immune monitoring services include phenotypic and functional analyses of innate and adaptive immune responses in patients treated with innovative immunomodulating drugs and vaccines. In addition to deep expertise in the development and clinical deployment of laboratory assays and tests, Caprion’s data integration and biostatistical analyses of large data sets enable partners to decipher the most optimal treatment combinations and vaccine strategies using a biomarker-driven approach.
- Clinerion operates a global patient data network platform, Patient Network Explorer, which currently has near-real-time access to the EHR-based data of more than 27 million patients. The platform enables flexible queries of demographic data, diagnoses, medications and procedures, and laboratory results, and includes event-based and temporal constraint capabilities. Clinerion supports research and real-world evidence (RWE) queries for COVID-19 cases, epidemiology, and health economics and outcomes research. Clinerion can track and analyze complex combinations of patient data, longitudinally, to understand patient treatment diagnostics, treatment modalities, co-morbidities and developing cohort and outcome models by country and health care institution. Clinerion works with its partners and hospital networks to support the community, enable patient outreach and facilitate longitudinal epidemiological studies.
- INDX.AI is a Silicon Valley-based data analytics software company that provides end-to-end solutions to accelerate translational research in precision medicine-based clinical trials using bio markers and AI-enabled multi-omics data analytics. Its award-winning iCore Platform is being adapted to help speed up translational research with in silico biomarker discovery for COVID-19 clinical trials.
- Saama Technologies’ AI-powered Life Science Analytics Cloud (LSAC) technology platform will empower researchers around the world to dynamically visualize, analyze, and interrogate data across all available programs. LSAC seamlessly integrates, curates, and animates clinical trial data, delivering more actionable insights for faster decision making. Additionally, Saama has already leveraged LSAC’s deep learning capabilities to enable queries of the COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19), a publicly available database that contains more than 45,000 scholarly articles about COVID-19 and is intended to help the medical community keep up with the latest research and find the most accurate answers to questions related to the virus and its impact.
- Zaylan Associates (in partnership with Chrysalis Biomed Advisors) is a strategy consulting firm with focus on digital transformation of life sciences companies spanning large global corporations to startups, including pharmaceutical/biotechs, medtech, diagnostics, health information and IT player and healthcare providers.
The EndPandemic National Data Consortium welcomes other biopharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, data analytics leaders, and government agencies to join. Interested organizations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.970.3550.